The Great Geauga County Fair would not be “great” without all of your hard efforts to service the people who attend!
2014 Concessions Winter Newsletter
Important Concession Dates
- Late January 2014: Contracts will be mailed.
- March 31, 2014: Contracts due back with a minimum deposit – No exceptions.
- April 1, 2014: Any space not held with a deposit will be declared open and vacant. The concessions group will begin to select vendors to fill this space.
- July 30, 2014: Final payment due.
- Please ensure that you fill in your vendor number as these will be reported upon request from the state or local taxation boards.
2014 Concession Office Hours:
Prior to fair setup week we will be available by appointment or calling the office.
Before the fair the Concessions office will be
manned for set-up and contract financial settlement
Saturday, August 23, 11:00 a.m . – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 24, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday, August 25, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 26, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 27, 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
DURING THE FAIR the office will be open 9:30 a.m.
– 5:00 p.m. We will be on the grounds each evening
through closing time.
If we are out on the grounds we will leave a time of
return note on the door of the office.
Online Concessions Application
How Can I Become a Concessionaire
Concession Document Downloads
Objectives for the Geauga County Fair:
- To provide the same fair experience to patrons no matter what time of day they attend The Great Geauga County Fair. Customers are our Business.
- Open and closing times are very important to our management team. You are paying a privilege fee with expectations of the rules and regulations to be followed. Please communicate at the earliest opportunity if circumstances present themselves — you see that you can not be open at the specified times each day, or if an emergency occurs and you have to close early.
- Monday evening the expectation will be the same level of service that you had on any other day of the fair week. It hurts the business of all concessionaires when vendors are not open and tents are closed during fair hours. On Monday (Labor Day) the hard closing (a designated shut down time) for the midways will be 9:00 p.m. on Monday (Labor Day). Concessions closing early will be not invited back for the 2015 season. We hope that this information is useful and will help us improve upon our already great county fair.
- Commitments from your Concessions Management team: Theresa and Howard will be available 24 hours a day the entire fair week, we will be moving onto the grounds prior to the Fair and departing after the fair closes. Our goal is to take your concerns and address them.
- Cleanness and neatness are two of our team’s critical success points. With this in mind, we want to stress the importance of maintaining clean spaces and staffing them accordingly so that they are always manned during the fair’s operating hours. Each of us must respect the space of our neighboring vendor. The space behind your unit or the back lot as we call it is just as important as the front of the space.
- You can find the operating hours on the below. We hope that this information is useful and will help us improve upon our already great fair.
- If you want to be considered for a different location, we need written notification. If you want to attend
the Great Geauga County Fair regardless of a change in location, we will need a copy of your signed
contract along with a minimum deposit of $100 by March 31, 2014 or we will fill your 2013 location.
Concessions Management Team:
Howard Call, CFE
There are over 300 vendors and concessionaires each year at the Great Geauga County Fair. All new applicants will be placed on a waiting list. All the information you will need to participate in Ohio's oldest fair is here for you to review and download forms. View a map of the grounds.
2014 Concessionaire Downloads:
Application: new applicants, update information, request change in contract, deposit refund for cancellation
Concessions Price List: prices for buildings and outdoor vendor/concessions plus electricity and camping
Rules & Regulations: application rules and regulations
Electrical & Fire Information: updated 8-29-13
How Can I Become a Concessionaire at the Great Geauga County Fair?
- Fill out the Online Concession Application below or use the Concessionaire Downloads above and mail/fax it.
- Current vendors must submit a deposit before March 31st to secure space in our fair. We will not fill any space before then. Often times we are not aware of cancellations until as late as July 31st when the balance of payment is due.
- You will be placed on the waiting list and you will be notified as there are cancellations (very common—especially in Merchant Building).
- Include as much information as possible about your concession — a picture is encouraged.
- We are always looking for new items and specialty cuisine to provide for our fair-goers.
- Remember the fair is over Labor Day weekend (Thursday – Monday) and every booth must be manned during operating hours.
- View all Concession Documents above.